Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Natural Deodorants


Natural mineral deodorant
This week I bought one of those crystal natural deodorants that seem to be gaining more and more popularity. It was recommended to me by a friend and I decided to try it as I found the product quite compelling. At home I decided to examine the ingredients of my bought more closely as I felt curiosity about the fact that a piece of mineral salt works as a deodorant. As my knowledge of Chemistry are limited to high school level, I had to conduct a little Internet research on what all natural deodorants are, how do they work and what ingredients are supposed to be good or bad.

I got very surprised to find out that this topic was of such a concern. The majority of people either simply buy the strongest antiperspirant they can find or chose the better fragranced one. We do not normally investigate what effect it could have on our health. Of course, as any other cosmetics, a deodorant should be chosen with care, but the reason of my surprise was that main active ingredients of almost all popular deodorants and antiperspirants are suspected to be related to such illnesses as breast cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.

I would not like to fall into speculation or be fooled by anti-advertising tricks. So, I decided to conduct my own research further and to verify basic pros and cons of every main deodorant type. Even if the majority of popular deodorants and antiperspirants are potentially dangerous, we cannot permit ourselves having stinky armpits. I am sure there are plenty of safe natural deodorants. Of course, not all of them are the same effective. As well, they work differently on different people. Any deodorant review, cannot give you 100% effectiveness guaranty. You have to be ready to some period of trying before you find the best one for you.

The current blog is the product of my “deodorant research”. Here I summarize and interpret the information I found on the topic, trying to give simple and understandable answers to the questions that many of us ask. I will comment on the best all natural deodorants that actually work for many people, along with providing some home made deodorant recipes. On top of that, I will compare mineral and organic deodorants and focus on certain ingredients that may provoke concern. Stay tuned and you will find a lot of useful information that will guide you through the process of choosing a safe natural deodorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment